Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wow what a weirdo day. I teach on Wednesdays- two drawing classes, one watercolor, one oil. Two students never showed up and did not let me know. One get yanked by her mom because of bad grades. The oil class so far is a wish, many interested, none making the commitment. I keep hoping. I figure if I put it on the schedule it will eventually happen. Teaching art is sooo much fun,  I learn just as much as my students. I love it when others get as excited as I am about creating art.


 I started the above painting in Missouri and finished it in Florida. My friend and I were driving around in the sticks in MIssouri ( she lived in the sticks) when I told her to stop. Alongside the road were these massive leaves and waterlilies. The leaves were about 2 feet long, the flowers were bigger than softballs.   Huge. You couldn't even see the water, it was all clogged with foliage. Amazing. just right next to the road, hence-"Roadside Water Lilies"

I took lots of pics and the above painting came about. If you wish to see a better copy as well as most of my art go to: www.jan-bennicoff.artistswebsites.com or www.society6.com/janbennicoff

Oh and you can visit www.cityartscooperative.com

No comments:

Post a Comment